The General TrackPapers on any subject within the scope of the conference may be submitted to the General Track. These papers will be reviewed by knowledgeable referees, and if accepted, allocated to oral or poster sessions for presentation at the conference. Authors may submit to the General Track, or to an Invited Session if their paper fits the scope of the session.
Invited SessionsInvited Sessions are organised and chaired by senior researchers who have knowledge of, and a special interest in, the topic of the session.
A List of Invited Sessions being organised can be seen ... here ... .
We invite researchers into emerging topics and new areas of investigation within the scope of the symposium to organise invited sessions, or parallel workshops of a half or full day, gathering a minimum of six papers from a wide range of research expertise from around the world.
Organisers of Invited Sessions undertake to:
- Select a topic of interest to themselves and to conference delegates;
- Obtain papers on this topic, normally a minimum of 6 for an invited session, but often more. If there are sufficient papers, the session may become a workshop.
- Ensure the papers are submitted through the PROSE online review system;
- Manage the review process for these papers using PROSE;
- Provide suitable reviewers for the reviews of the papers and enter these on the PROSE system;
- Ensure the final versions of the papers are uploaded before the deadline;
- Attend the conference and chair the session.
Guidance notes for Invited Session Chairs are available .. here ..
Call for Invited SessionsResearchers who would like to organise one or more Invited Sessions on topics falling within the scope of the conference are invited to submit a proposal for consideration. This should include:
- The title of the session;
- A paragraph describing the theme of the session - all invited sessions must be within the scope of the symposium;
- A short-form CV for the proposed Invited Session Chair(s).
- Contact details for the Chair(s).
Click here to download an MS Word template that can be used for Invited Session details.
Invited Session Chairs are ex-officio members of the International Programme Committee. We thank them for the valuable contribution they make to the conference.
Invited Sessions Chairs Registration
Where an invited session attracts 5 or more paid registrations (excluding that of the IS chair themself), if all 5 authors plus the IS chair attend the conference and present at the session, the IS chair may claim free registration at the next conference during the subsequent year. For example, a chair who gets 5 paid registrations at the IDT21 conference can claim free registration at the IDT22 conference.